Re: noautologin & live-getty

2009/1/31 Cyril Jaquier <cyril.jaquier@jaqpot.net>:

>> I'll try and submit a patch tomorrow... but depends how hard I party tonight!
>>

> Good. I provide my own inittab as I only need one getty on the serial
> port (qemu support this too). And I think I will keep using this
> solution for the moment. So enjoy the party ;)
No problem...  I will take that use case into account when I write some code.

>> Maybe we should also put in some code so that users placing a custom
>> inittab in the chroot stage can add a magic comment to their
>> /etc/inittab so that 25configure_init  leaves the custom inittab
>> alone.
>
> Do you mean something similar to "ip=frommedia"? That could be great.

I don't know what "ip=frommedia" does...
I was suggesting that in the chroot stage you cound edit the
/etc/inittab to start with the line say:
#LiVeHeLpErHaNdSoFf

and put the whole of 25configure_init inside a

if ! grep -q ^#LiVeHeLpErHaNdSoFf >/dev/null; then
    #do what we do now
else
  #do nothing
fi