noautologin & live-getty

Hi Daniel, Hi all,

I spent quite some time trying to figure out why I wasn't able to get a login prompt through a serial link. I look at 25configure_init and it seems that you will never get a login prompt with on a serial console :/ Here is the incriminated code:

# Arrange for shells on virtual consoles, rather than login prompts

if [ -z "${NOAUTOLOGIN}" ] && [ -n "${USERNAME}" ]
then
        if [ ! -z "${LIVE_GETTY}" ]
        then

What is the reason not to permit this? Maybe I missed something... But this is not really a problem as I will provide my own /etc/inittab because I need only one getty. Debian Live is definitely a nice piece of software :)

Cheers,

Cyril