Debian-live for embedded systems?

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a Linux system on CF card for an Alix board [1]. The system will run a web interface (written in Python) to configure the server (basic network settings, timezone, etc) and to start/stop a Java application.

So it seems that Debian-live + persistence should do the trick. However, Debian-live is designed for "live" Linux systems and not really for embedded systems. On the other hand, my target hardware is more like a PC than an embedded system ;)

Have you already used Debian-live for this? Is Debian-live a good choice in this case?

Regards,

Cyril Jaquier

[1] http://www.pcengines.ch/alix2d2.htm