gconftool-2: custom desktop settings
I want to change some settings of the live-cd desktop and I'm wondering
how to do it. I've heard you better do it with gconftool. This is what I
1) change desktop theme
2) remove icons from the menu
3) add icons to entries in the menu which don't have an icon
4) remove the top panel
5) add gnome-main-menu to the low panel and some other things like
networkmanager, fast user switch etc.
6) add bookmarks to bookmark menu in iceweasel and also to the bookmark
7) add a new search engine to iceweasel
8) edit the applications preferences (icedove for email for instance)
Ok.. maybe you know some commands and can tell me. Of course I will
search the internet for it myself too.
If you have some good weblinks to good information, please share them.