Re: USB stick boot error

Thanks, Yohann.

Yohann Lepage wrote:
[...]
> But i use an other way to install debian live on usb stick (because i
> use 2 partitions)
> -create binary.iso
> -copy the content of iso in the usb stick
> -install boot manager on usb stick
> You can view an example here :
> http://github.com/2xyo/satan/tree/master/install_satan.sh

I tried this method but I was unable to mount the .img file in an "img/"
subdirectory - the filesystem type was not recognised.

	# mount -o loop debian-live-sid-i386-xfce-desktop.img img
	mount: you must specify the filesystem type

I tried various options for "-t" eg "iso9660", "ext2", "msdos", but these also
caused errors. What is the filesystem type of the .img file? I thought it might
be a gzipped ext2 system, but I could not gunzip the image file either.

Regards,

--
Chris.