Re: debian etch - lh_build - cannot find package fragrouter

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 02:03:18PM EST, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Chris Jones wrote:
> > Since I don't even know what fragrouter is .. I could remove it from the
> > package list and rerun lh_build.
>
> get a newer version of live-helper; this was fixed yesterday in git
> already :)

I probably missed the update by a few hours..

:-(

> > Or is there a way I could tell dh_helper to ignore those packages it is
> > not able to find - at least for now?
>
> by default, we use apt. apt doesn't ignore errors. if you switch LH_APT
> to aptitude, it will use aptitude, which ignores errors. however, i
> recommend to fix the package list rather than to workaround it with
> aptitude.

That makes excellent sense .. By "at least for now" I meant that this is
all very new to me and I try not to spend too much time on minor aspects
at this point.  In this particular case if you asked 100 seasoned debian
sysadmins for a list of the packages they would include in their rescue
Live CD you would probably end up with 100 (sometimes very..) different
lists.

And a lot of flames if you dared question their choices..

:-)

I had to go to the store and when I got home I found that the build that
I had launched two hours earlier had ended successfully:

"lh_config --apt aptitude" did let me work around the issue.

See you fellas!!!

Can't wait any longer to booot my rescue CD.

:-)

Thanks!

CJ