Re: Debian Live Lenny with live-getty on serial port

2008/12/16 Mark Gannon <mark@truenorth.nu>:
> On Monday 15 December 2008 11:53:15 pm Frédéric BOITEUX wrote:
>> boot=live live-getty [... other options...] console=tty0
>> console=ttyS1,115200n8
>
> Changing my boot paraemeters (based on the above) from:
>
> live live-getty console=ttyS0,38400n8
>
> to:
>
> live live-getty console=tty0 console=ttyS0,38400n8
>
> Changed the behavior so that I now get a shell prompt on the serial port after
> the console output appears.

That is odd!
I wrote the original live-getty and auto serial console code.
I have not looked at the current code but if we NEED "console=tty0"
followed by "console=ttyS0,38400n8" for a serial console prompt then
that is a BUG!

Glad there is a work around though!

Alex Owen