Re: Debian Live with installer takes too much time to load at bootup

Daniel Baumann wrote:
Padma wrote:
I have customized Debian live with installer with the help of
live-helper. It works fine but at boot up time it takes 5 min to load
the CD.I have use grub bootloader.

what takes 5 minutes, booting d-i from the cd or the live session?
you're aware that booting live systems from optical medias is pretty
slow due to big seek time of those? also, check that your hardware isn't
the bottleneck (slow cdrom drive, scratched/hardly readable discs, less
than 128mb ram, very slow cpu...).

I am booting d-i from CD and My machine having 2GB ram and , also I have tried that ISO(697 MB) with other machines also.

So what is the possible ways to reduce bootup time for my customized
Debian live CD?

remove/disable unecessary services from sysvinit
This issue is not particular machine specific.
and/or use an usb stick
instead.

usb stick is not feasible for me as I have to distribute it.

--
     ,''`.      Regards,
    : :'  :     Padma Jadav