Re: Test results for: debian-live-lenny-i386-xfce-desktop.iso

Luke Seubert wrote:
> Spotty email coverage on debian-live@lists.debian.org

not sure if i understood you right.

debian-live-devel@list.alioth.debian.org is completely closed, nothing
will get there anymore (however, i do manually resend mails that go
there by accident to the new list).

debian-live@lists.debian.org however is managed by the list masters. if
you have successfully subscribed to that list, and still don't get all
mails, you need to contact listmasters and debug with them. i think that
is something very specific to your own setup, and not affecting others.

> Hopefully LXDE will mature as a codebase and will then be accepted by
> the tasksel maintainers. I know Debian cares about folks with older
> hardware, which explains the 650 MB size limit on .iso files. LXDE is an
> excellent choice for folks with low powered hardware.

would be nice, looking formward to it.

> Is the idea of having lsusb tagged as 'essential' at all realistic?

i don't think so. it's doesn't fit for 'essential' imho.

> Glad to be of service. Might I recommend adding the networking software
> I mentioned in my original email? This too with help with rescue issues.

sure, any (also other recommendation/opinion/$whatever) is welcome.
which network tools are you refering to?

> Daniel, many thanks for your detailed answers, and your patience in
> answering a person who doesn't understand the inner workings of the
> Debian devel system. I appreciate your efforts.

thank you for your input, and again I'm sorry that some things are as
beaurocratic as they are.

Regards,
Daniel