Introducing live-xmaker

Hi

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 07:57:59PM +0200, Simon Schiele wrote:

> And of course because code says more than thousand words there is the
> function "xml.sh", the helper "lh_xml" (for im- and export) and an
> example config.xml attached to this mail.
>
> a few details (but open for every kind of change/rewrite):
>    - export will only write non-default values
>    - only depends on hexdump (busybox version works too)
>    - fast (enough)
>    - nothing implimented for binary yet (but there is uuencode in
> busybox, too)

I missed xml.ah before. So you're not only reinventing your own format,
but also your own XML parser?

This will work on the XML you emit. So you're not really working with
XML. You're working with "the specific format that your exporter has
generated", which happens to be a subset of XML.

This will break when you try to use other tools to process your XML
data.

(I also use this option as a last resort elsewhere. But there the XML
was forced on me and I did my best not to use it, because it only made
life more complicated. Using it from start with this known limitation is
again not the best design in the world.)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com