Introducing live-xmaker

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 11:40:03PM +0100, Brendan Sleight wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I put together a little python script, live-xmaker. [1][2][3].
> Live-xmaker is a command line front-end to live-helper, inspired by
> morphix-mmaker[4][5] (written by Alex de Landgraaf). This allows all
> the configurations for a liveCD build to be specified in one XML file.
>
> For example:-
>  live-xmaker --xml /usr/share/live-xmaker/templates/lightgui_all.xml
> --output ./lightgui.iso

Why the duplicate configration?

lh_config generates a bunch of config files. By creating your own
configuration file you're merely creating an extra layer to get
information through. What does thing extra layer give you?

Can you try to parse the information from the config directory?
Maybe thr right way to do that is through the shell. See the following
perl code that uses 'env -i sh -ec' to get a shell process to parse
shell variables.

http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/branches/1.4/kernel/xpp/utils/zconf/Zaptel/Config/Defaults.pm

A sample program that uses it:
http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/branches/1.4/kernel/xpp/utils/zapconf