Problem updating dbus package (in chroot)

Sven Schneider wrote:

> I'm trying to update my Live-CD using "chroot" and "aptitude" to install
> new packages (security updates for Etch).

Would it not be simpler to recreate your entire Live system?

live-helper would automatically install updates from security.d.o. Of
course, you need to have your original config and have not made any non-
interactive changes (or be prepared to repeat them).

(Lurkers to this thread; always make your builds trivially reproducible)

> Everything works so far, except updating "dbus". The installation fails
> with the following error:

You are probably missing /proc and or something like that.. Although this is
really nasty and I don't really recommend it, try running:

 lh_chroot_proc install
 lh_chroot_sysfs install
 lh_chroot_debianchroot install
 lh_chroot_dpkg install
 lh_chroot_sysv-rc install

from just below your chroot/ directory before chrooting. Ensure that you run
the commands in reverse with "remove" instead of "install" when you are done.

Regards,

Chris Lamb, UK                                       chris at chris-lamb.co.uk
                                                            GPG: 0x634F9A20