Problem updating dbus package (in chroot)

Hi,

I'm trying to update my Live-CD using "chroot" and "aptitude" to install
new packages (security updates for Etch). Everything works so far,
except updating "dbus". The installation fails with the following error:

"Starting system message bus: dbus Could not tell if SELinux is enabled:
No such file or directory."

Unfortunately, I could not find any clues on how to fix this. If I
ignore the error, build a new CD, and boot it, running "apt-get upgrade"
seems to finish the "dbus" package installation. But how can I update
the file properly before building the CD?

I'm using Etch on the system building the CD (live-helper is from Lenny)
as well as on the CD itself.

Regards,
Sven