Default user decisions

On 27/04/2008, Daniel Baumann <daniel at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  some days ago, somone on irc asked about thoughs of having, by default,
>  no password for the live user.
>
>  Currently, we have the username 'user' with password 'live', which I
>  *personally* consider to be a reasonable choice.
>
>  The only other live system I know remotely, uses username 'ubuntu' and
>  no password.
>
>  That made me curious what others think. So, what do *you* guys think?
>  Should it be left as is? Or do you have other preferences? How do other
>  live systems do it?

If gksu, xscreensaver, xlock, vlock, cups, sshd, etc. can be
configured to work reasonably with no password I am all for removing
the password.

I remember having to set the password on the Ubuntu live CD to make stuff work.

Still if the password is not written with 10" letters on each console
and the desktop background it is easier to have no password and set it
when you encounter problems rather than have a password which I don't
recall written on the web somewhere I Don't remember.

Thanks

Michal