Default user decisions

On Monday 28 April 2008, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> I also expect a typical system to be up for a pretty short time, and
> hence the impact of a malicious take-over is significantly reduced.

If the system has permanent storage like a harddisk or flash stick, a
take-over could last longer than the uptime.

If sensitive data is captured, the damage is done regardless of how long the
system stays up after that.

Also, what is a short time for a human attacking the system is ages for an
automated system.

Bye,
		Maarten