Default user decisions

Hello,

For me the Debian Live systems are more than a Live CD to start and use, we
can install them in hard disk, in USB memories, or in networks of computers;
even we can create servers with a lot of functions, Doing the install in this
way results in configurations that can be exactlly controlled, and reproduced
with easy to other computers, simply changing the starting initrd and the
parameters file "live.conf"

As more parameters live-initramfs has, the person who creates the Live system
will be able to better parametrize Debian Live and the resultant system will
respond with more accuracy to the needs of the users,

I understand the modification of null password as another parameter to
configure, with which the person who configures can decide if his own Debian
Live will use users with password or without.

sure that is very useful for the users, That is verified because I have some
installations in which the users have wanted it in this way,

of course that to use null passwords involves other risks, inside the works of
the person that creates his own Live system is to know the corresponding
actions to take. As example, sometimes should be installed a firewall in the
computer, or prepare access with identification by keys and/or to encrypt the
communications,

to finish, if we have more possibilities in these tools, we will have to learn
to use them and know the risks and the advantages that it behaves, and the
resulting systems will fit better to the final needs.

Regards,

Jordi

El Sunday 27 April 2008 16:23:10 Jordi Pujol va escriure: