installing debian-live for etch?

Hello I have been playing with this today myself...

I have been using an etch system with live-helper installed from testing/lenny
Doenload the package from here:
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/all/live-helper/download
and install with: dpkg -i live-helper*.deb

The config and build:
 lh_config -d etch --bootstrap debootstrap
 lh_build

Hope that helps. This method is not as featurefull as others(which
require more backported packages) but at least only requires one
non-etch package! Personally I consider that a bonus!

Regards
Alex Owen