installing debian-live for etch?

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Daniel Baumann <daniel at debian.org> wrote:
>  well, you can just fetch the .deb and install it manually (with dpkg -i
>  live-helper_*.deb); it's just a collection of shell scripts and only
>  needs debootstrap or cdebootstrap as depends.
>
>  your way works too, but looks a bit 'over complicated' to me :)

yea, I have a problem with that sometimes.  :)

OK, I fetched the .deb from sid, and running it gives me this error:

hardbop200:/home/josh/livecd# lh_config && lh_build
P: Begin caching bootstrap stage...
P: Begin bootstrapping system...
W: skipping bootstrap
P: Begin caching bootstrap stage...
P: Begin caching chroot stage...
P: Begin mounting /dev/pts...
P: Begin mounting /proc...
P: Begin mounting /sys...
P: Configuring file /etc/debian_chroot
/usr/bin/lh_chroot_debianchroot: line 54: chroot/etc/debian_chroot: No
such file or directory

Is there something wrong with the sid scripts, or is this another
issue entirely?

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com