running a command with sudo

Hmm... Not sure why you dislike /etc/sudoers so much... that is the
only way to configure sudo!

If you hate sudo that much why not use apache's suexec for example...
or suphp ... again these need configuring.

You may be able to do someting with selinux... but that is beyond
me... mind you it may be more to your liking.

Maybe that helps/maybe it does not... but either way have a good day!
Alex