Cross packaging issues with module-assistant

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 11:15:36AM +0200, Giorgio Pioda wrote:
> I'm trying to compile extra modules inside the lh chroot. Using
> module-assistant leads systematically to wrong linking with wrong
> headers. For example I'm working in a 486 chroot inside a
> lenny-amd64 host and I get downloaded the amd64 headers instead of
> the desired 486.

Are you calling m-a with the -r flag to select the appropriate kernel?
By default it uses the RUNNING kernel, which is the one outside the
chroot (i.e. wrong).

If you have sh code to find what argument to pass to m-a within the
chroot, I'm interested; currently I'm just hard-coding it in my call
to m-a.