Cross packaging issues with module-assistant

Hi,

I'm triing to compile extra modules inside the lh chroot. Using
module-assistant leads systematically to wrong linking with wrong
headers. For example I'm working in a 486 chroot inside a lenny-amd64
host and I get downloaded the amd64 headers instead of the desired 486.

The same issue I registered working with a i386, linking to 686 headers
instead of 486...

I have always to rebuild the links manually...., download manually
correct headers and binaries....

Am I missing somethings important?

cheers

Giorgio Pioda