live-helper woes

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Daniel Baumann <daniel at debian.org> wrote:
> Daniel Baumann wrote:
>  > this is a temporary bug in git tree only. if you use the current release
>  > (1.0~a42), everything is fine.
>
>  git is fixed again. please retry.
Downloaded and trying now.  It appears to be working; packages are
being fetched from the local proxy instead of remotely.

Incidentally, is there a faster mirror for the live-helper git
packages available?  I'm on a hundred-megabit internet connection, and
still I get this:
Fetched 1880kB in 6min0s (5218B/s)
which brings back memories of 1996.  If there isn't one available,
would it be possible to set one up?  I could set up a box to download
the latest git tree and build a package out of it every few minutes,
or something to that effect.

Thanks for the quick fix!
Will