live-helper woes

lh_config mentions a "--mirror-bootstrap-security" option, but this is
not implemented.

Also, it would be nice to have some clarification what the various
--mirror-foo options mean; what is --mirror-bootstrap as opposed to
--mirror-chroot as opposed to --mirror-binary?  As I read it:
* -bootstrap is for fetching the small set of initial packages
* -chroot is for fetching everything specified by the user with
--packages-lists and --packages
* -binary is for what ends up on the live-image.
Is this a correct interpretation?  If so, it doesn't seem to work:
# lh_config --mirror-chroot "http://localhost:9999/debian/"; \
>   --mirror-chroot-security "http://localhost:9999/security/";
root at will:~/deb-live# lh_build
P: Begin caching bootstrap stage...
P: Begin bootstrapping system...
W: skipping bootstrap
P: Begin caching bootstrap stage...
P: Begin caching chroot stage...
P: Begin mounting /dev/pts...
P: Begin mounting /proc...
P: Begin mounting /sys...
P: Configuring file /etc/debian_chroot
P: Configuring file /sbin/start-stop-daemon
P: Configuring file /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d
P: Configuring file /etc/hosts
P: Configuring file /etc/resolv.conf
P: Configuring file /etc/hostname
P: Configuring file /bin/hostname
P: Configuring file /etc/apt/apt.conf
P: Configuring file /etc/apt/sources.list
Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org lenny Release.gpg [189B]
Get:2 http://ftp.us.debian.org lenny Release [72.6kB]
Get:3 http://security.debian.org lenny/updates Release.gpg [189B]
Get:4 http://ftp.us.debian.org lenny/main Packages [6593kB]
Get:5 http://security.debian.org lenny/updates Release [40.7kB]
Get:6 http://security.debian.org lenny/updates/main Packages [185kB]
... and then it goes on to fetch 26MB packages from ftp.us.debian.org
instead of from the (much faster) local proxy.  Later packages, too,
also go directly to debian.org instead of locally.

I haven't changed anything, but I did update live-helper in the past
few days.  Did something change?

Something also appears to be broken with the definition of the
LH_LINUX_PACKAGES variable; watching with 'sh -x' I see:
+ chroot chroot /usr/bin/env -i HOME=/root
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
TERM=xterm ftp_proxy= http_proxy= DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
DEBIAN_PRIORITY=critical DEBCONF_NOWARNINGS=yes XORG_CONFIG=custom
apt-get --yes install linux-image-2.6-486
'${LH_UNION_FILESYSTEM}-modules-2.6-486' squashfs-modules-2.6-486
linux-image-2.6-686 '${LH_UNION_FILESYSTEM}-modules-2.6-686'
squashfs-modules-2.6-686 auto
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Regex compilation error - Invalid preceding regular expression

Manually specifying "--linux-packages "linux-image-2.6-486
aufs-modules-2.6-486 squashfs-modules-2.6-486 linux-image-2.6-686
aufs-modules-2.6-686 squashfs-modules-2.6-686" as an argument to
lh_config does not help this.  I think perhaps the default
configuration values are being processed with higher priority than
they ought, so that my configuration is being overridden.  Here is the
lh_config I am running:
MKSQUASHFS_OPTIONS="-noI -no-progress" lh_config -b usb-hdd \
  --mirror-chroot "http://localhost:9999/debian/"; \
  --mirror-chroot-security "http://localhost:9999/security/"; \
  --mirror-bootstrap "http://localhost:9999/debian/"; \
  --bootloader syslinux \
  --union-filesystem aufs \
  --initramfs live-initramfs \
  --packages-lists kde-desktop \
  --packages \
  "less xdebconfigurator lynx libcurl4-gnutls-dev libglut3-dev rar qiv
   wireshark kismet  dnsutils iceweasel openssh-server rsync sshfs
nfs-common smbfs iftop ssh-askpass ethtool bridge-utils
   mplayer audacious
   texlive-latex-base texlive-latex-recommended xfig transfig
texlive-science gnuplot
   perl-doc scm hugs ruby1.8 python2.5 cl-sql cl-mcclim
cl-mcclim-examples clisp cl-cffi cl-sql-sqlite eclipse
   ltrace strace valgrind subversion g++ grub sqlite
  " \
  --cache disabled \
  --sections "main contrib non-free" \
  --distribution lenny
lh_build

Any obvious problems?  This has worked until recently, so I'd be
somewhat surprised to hear it, but stranger things have been known to
happen.

Thanks!
Will