liveCD for audio work

Josh Lawrence wrote:
> I have been trying for some time to find a way to build a liveCD
> customized to my liking that is suitable for audio work.  I have tried
> many times (and failed) to build a kernel that contains these
> attributes:
>
> * squashfs + lzma + aufs + realtime-preempt

It seems to me that there are two separate issues.  The first is to
build a kernel with the above.  The second part is getting that custom
kernel into a debian-live build system.

It sounds to me that you are stuck on the first part of building the
kernel.  This is not specific to debian-live.  Is that correct?  Is
your current state stuck trying to build a custom kernel?

Bob