predefine interfaces by MAC with udev?

Hi,

> > that can solved with only one initrd
> > we can include a list with all the network cards MACs in the servers, because
> > all the network cards have different MAC, ? :)

> ok. I understand now. That sound's a lot easier than what I've been
> trying to do today. I would only need to update the initrd when I
> include a new server, right?

No go :(

My /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules looks like this
SUBSYSTEM=="net", DRIVERS=="?*", ATTRS{address}=="44:4d:50:e1:f1:4e",
NAME="eth0"
And when I break=top, I can see that it is present. So it's there on boot.

But the interfaces are still getting mixed up.

Does that make any sense? Maybe my hardware is faulty?

Thanks.
Chris.