net boot router

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 04:34:01PM +0300, Vladimir Stavrinov wrote:

> Last Friday I try to use it as router with 3 interfaces and it
> fail. The problem is that when kernel boot, before mount root
> fs the interface switch to half-duplex. This break connection

I have solved this problem, but I think it need some work
around in debian-live. The source of problem is that after
kernel boot from on interface, it try to continue on other
interface. It choose interface with a least address. The most
common solution is to insert boot card into first pci slot. But
it may worth to modify init scripts so, that it discover what
interface the kernel boot from and use this one to continue.

--

****   Vladimir Stavrinov  ******