Re: Science live DVD

Note Debian-science and debian-live CCed on this.

Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> writes:

> Chris Walker wrote:
> > Is it really as simple as adding the science metapackages[1]
> > to /usr/share/live-helper/lists?
>
> yes; and preferably you would send a file (like
> /usr/share/live-helper/lists/debian-science) that contains all the stuff
> you guys consider to be 'debian-science' so that we include it directly
> in live-helper. this way, you will be able to do
>
>   lh_config -p debian-science [...] && lh_build
>
> in future.

That's great.

The whole of debian-science will be quite large (Quite how large I'm
not sure, but installing the packages I don't have on my system would
take 2.7 Gig.) I propose therefore to add science-astronomy,
science-biology, science-physics etc containing their respective
packages.

I could then add a science-all package depending on them all. If it
won't fit on one DVD, then it is perhaps worth splitting it - perhaps
into a physical/biological set.

Does this make sense?

Chris

PS Some of the science tasks contain packages in contrib and non-free
(as suggests) which would probably need to be excluded if an official
iso was produced.