From: Hans Ekbrand [mailto:hans.ekbrand@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Hans
Ekbrand
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 7:24 AM
To: debian-live@lists.debian.org
Subject: "BOOT FAILED!" with a live-rw partition (ext2 and ext3 tested)

I get

Remounting /dev/sdb2 ro on /cow failed

and a prompt (initramfs) when trying to boot with "persistent" and a
partition named "live-rw".

cat /live.log gives

mount: mounting /dev/sdb2 on /cow failed: Device or resource busy

the list of mounts includes

/
/sys
/proc
/dev
/live/image
/filesystem.squashfs
/cow
/root (aufs)
/root/live (tmpfs)

So it seems some script is trying to mount /cow twice. Just exiting the
shell with Ctrl-d (twice) works, and then the boot goes well. This is a
bit annoying of course.

Kind regards,

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net> Q. What
is that strange attachment in this mail?