LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER types

Hello,
I want to make a DVD with both a live system and an installer. Since
live-installer isn't quite stable yet, I want to have each deb package
the system will use on the DVD under pool/.
So my questions are:
1. what should I set LH_DEBIAN_INSTALLER to, and
2. how do I tell it which .debs to include? (Some of the packages in
my live system are installed through a hook to accommodate Java.)
Also, I put some packages in config/binary_local-debs, but they aren't
copied to the CD image. They all end in either _all.deb or _i386.deb.