Re: A few questions about customization

Hello,

> >> Try for example "locale=de_DE.UTF-8 keyb=de" as boot parameters
> >
> > I tried that, but the Umlaut keys still do not work.
>
> Works fine for me.
>
> > I investigated the issue and found out the following:
> >
> > If I enter interactive setup I am able to change the locale and the boot
> > keymap capable of handling German keys and characters.
> >
> > But my final image contains two boottime keymaps under /etc/console. One
> > is named boottime.old.kmap.gz. I think somewhere in the iso creation
> > process there is reconfiguration of the keymap. Any idea where to look at
> > to change this behaviour?
>
> Must be an indivdual problem, as I didn't encouter these problem while
> creating a german live disc.

I've created a new iso using a clean config - I just added the
above "--bootappend-live" parameter. By the way - I use an "up to date" Lenny
in a VMware environment. After booting the ISO the locale is created and all
German keys work, but not the Umlaut characters. If I execute a 'sudo
install-keymap /usr/.../de-latin1.kmap.gz' the Umlaut characters work as
expected.

Do you use the same configuration?

Greetings,

Dieter