Re: A few questions about customization

Hello,

sorry for the late reply.

> > > add the boot parameters to LH_LIVE_BOOTAPPEND.
> >
> > Ok, I found out that if I add "locale=de" as boot param most keys on the
> > German keyboard work as expected. Is there a way to enable the German
> > Umlaut keys (like äöü)? Because these are still bound to the mappings of
> > the US keyboard layout.
>
> Try for example "locale=de_DE.UTF-8 keyb=de" as boot parameters

I tried that, but the Umlaut keys still do not work.

I investigated the issue and found out the following:

If I enter interactive setup I am able to change the locale and the boot
keymap capable of handling German keys and characters.

But my final image contains two boottime keymaps under /etc/console. One is
named boottime.old.kmap.gz. I think somewhere in the iso creation process
there is reconfiguration of the keymap. Any idea where to look at to change
this behaviour?

Greetings,

Dieter