Re: Net (PXE) boot from a two interfaces computer

Le mer 01 oct 2008 16:28:57 CEST, Andreas Teuchert <ant+dl@hsg-kl.de> a
écrit :

> Hello,
>
> as I had the same problem, I wrote a script which tries to find the
> first NIC which has a cable plugged in and uses it to get an address via
> DHCP. For me it works (two NICs, one with cable, one without). If you
> want to use it, you have to put it in the initramfs under
> scripts/init-premount. But don't ask me how to do that if you don't
> build your chroot by copying your host system.
> Maybe this script could be included into the official Debian-Live, but
> as it actually is a very dirty hack right now (it rewrites other parts
> of the initramfs for example), I doubt this will happen soon. However I
> put it into the attachment. Maybe it will help you a bit.

	Hello Andreas,

  Thank you very much for your message and attached script, it's a good
starting point for me ! I equally doubt about inclusion in main
debian-live tools of this kind of script because it's an unusual
problem, but your workaround seems nice !

	with regards,
		Fred.