Re: Cannot configure MySQL

On Thursday 25 September 2008 16:47:08 Chris Lale wrote:
> I have now documented the whole process on the wiki:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/HowTo/LAMP
>
> --
> Chris.

This is a pretty cool page!
I really like how you use an image, configure it and move the configuration to
the next image to be built.  Those type of instructions will really help
people who don't use the same desktop environment as the one on the image.

Right below the where you have the "lamp" initscript, you can probably put
another script instead of the instructions, to be run in the
chroot_local-hooks.  I haven't tested this, but it should work

--------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
chown root:root /etc/init.d/lamp
chmod 755 /etc/init.d/lamp
update-rc.d defaults 90
--------------------------------------
That should do what the instructions below the lamp file are saying.
Also, the website that you got the bridging instructions from has some updated
instructions that put the bridging configuration in /etc/network/interfaces.
I think that this method is much easier, and is similar to the one on the
debian wiki page  that you mentioned (I helped write a little bit of that).
This method will keep things working on a reboot, so you don't have to run
that script everytime you boot.  I solved the permissions on /dev/net/tun by
adding my username to uml-net (installing uml-utilities, first).  I also had
to put this in my /etc/network/interfaces:

auto tap0
iface tap0 inet static
      address 10.0.1.1
      netmask 255.255.255.0
#      vde2-switch -
      tunctl_user uml-net

I found that if you have vde2 installed, it tries to take group ownership of
the /dev/net/tun device also.

I marked your email as important, so I can come back and test this out when I
get the time.

--
Thanks:
Joseph Rawson