Re: [Fwd: Re: Debian Live Lenny Beta1 [powerpc attempt]]

Daniel Baumann wrote:
>>> Daniel Baumann wrote:
>>> particulary interesting would be to get reports from people with
>>> Intel-based Apple hardware (both notebooks and desktops).

Hi,

> I see talk of powerpc/yaboot through 2007 and have without success received
> "yaboot not ready - needs upgrade"-type message when building a liveusb for
> the powerpc on an eMac 700, a B&W 350 and whining Pismo (whose cure is
> liveusb! :0)

Unfortunately, I didn't had time last weekend to take care of the ppc
builds. I hope to do so this weekend.

> Am i correct to guess support for this hardware is being refocused on the
> IntelApplewares?

the mail I sent asking for reports about the i386 and amd64 images on
Intel based Apple machines was specificaly to get feedback about those,
because these machines have some weird behaviour and sometimes need
extra tweaks and quirks compared to real Intel machines.

> or would there be a measure i might should take for making
> live the powerpc?

powerpc should work more or less out of the box, however, since nobody
did build images since a couple of month, live-helper propably needs, as
you experienced, some updates here and there, but shouldn't be much and
easy to do.

as said, I hope to upload prebuild images next weekend. If there's
anything to adjust wrt/ powerpc, please let me know.

Regards,
Daniel