Re: building root filesystem image killed

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 11:35:32PM +0200, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> Hans Ekbrand wrote:

[...]

> > This box has not much RAM (40 MB) and a swap partition of 100MB, might
> > that be why the process was killed?
>
> yep; welcome to oomkiller :)

I created, and activated a 1GB swapfile, I hope that will be enough.

> > Suppose I increase the swap available to the OS, can I then retry only
> > the last step (the step that failed above), or do I have to restart
> > the lh_build process from the beginning?
>
> if you are lazy, then do 'lh_clean --binary && lh_binary' will do the trick.

I just issued this, thanks for the advice.

Thanks also to Chris Lamb for your answer.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 1408 C8D5 1E7D 4C9C C27E 014F 7C2C 872A 7050 614E