Many problems with live-rw partition

On Monday 25 August 2008, 13:03:53, Gijs Molenaar wrote:

> > The persistence feature is completely experimental (yes, since more than
> > 1 year) and snapshots are somewhat just working (badly) since few weeks,
> > although I use them in some real controlled production environments but
> > with the file list type only (some selected files are snapshotted, not
> > all the changes) but this is far to be optimal too.

> > You found some important bugs and those needs time to be fixed.

> We are working on a product that we want to release on a lenny USB stick
> with persistence enabled. Will these problems be fixed for the Lenny
> release?

I do not think so, because it seems that the timeframe to put code into Lenny
is pretty finished, moreover we already used an exception to put important
improvements happened after the Lenny freeze in unstable (and so in future
released Lenny), so I think we already played that game, but Daniel could be
more precise regarding time frames or possibilities to add some more code in
Lenny.

> If not, is help appreciated implementing/fixing these features?
>  We can hire a developer for this.

Any help is welcome, but a new developer could need some training to fix this
issue in time.

> maybe it is a good idea to update the wiki about how the persistence
> stuff should work (using a 'live-rw' partition for example), and that
> this feature is not enabled by now. I was searching a lot before I found
> some note about it in the live-initramfs man page.

The feature is enabled as a custom parameter exactly because is experimental,
but as you saw help in documentation is needed too.

--
ESC:wq

believed to be clean.