Many problems with live-rw partition

Gijs Molenaar wrote:
> We are working on a product that we want to release on a lenny USB stick
> with persistence enabled. Will these problems be fixed for the Lenny
> release? If not, is help appreciated implementing/fixing these features?
>  We can hire a developer for this.

I've no idea about persistency and will deeply look into that for
lenny+1 when live-initramfs will be splittet (by moving live-bottom/*
into the normal sysvinit userspace) (and thus I have to read and
understand all of it, finally). However, if someone can improve the
current situation wrt/ persistency, this and patches are more than welcome.

> maybe it is a good idea to update the wiki about how the persistence
> stuff should work (using a 'live-rw' partition for example), and that
> this feature is not enabled by now. I was searching a lot before I found
> some note about it in the live-initramfs man page.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/Howto/Persistence
>
> I can do this if you want.

Ideally, these should go directly, or rather should be moved, to the
live-manual. Helping with documentation is also very appreciated.

Regards,
Daniel

Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net