ldconfig freaks out with bus error [was: lh_build woes]

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 06:32:55PM +0000, tomas at tuxteam.de wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think I found the first error in the series, thanks script:
>
>  | Setting up libxml2 (2.6.27.dfsg-2) ...
>  | /var/lib/dpkg/info/libxml2.postinst: line 6: 16857 Bus error     ldconfig
>  | dpkg: error processing libxml2 (--configure):
>  | subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 135
>
> This is on a etch machine, doing an etch lh_build (gnome-desktop).
>
> live-helper version 1.0~a40-1, fresh from lenny.
I was going to ask the first time (Re: gcj), what architecture is
this?  Have you done some hardware stress test?

Can you reproduce the problem running ldconfig manually?  If so,
please send a strace (and perhaps a backtrace, if you install
libc6-dbg).  I note that ldconfig since libc6_2.7 uses new code and
keeps a cache in /var/cache/ldconfig; it wouldn't terribly surprise me
if it didn't obey alignment requirements on some arch.

Justin