squashfs stops at 33% - antifuckup for .4.24 lenny

HI list,

this is very urgent - because we are having a conference with 400
participants next week our Workshop-Images can not be build anymore
since lenny switched to kernel 2.6.24 yesterday.
We sse a nice configure script including the antifuckup to build several
different live-images to boot them via PXE for our workshops. The images
were provided for testing as iso-images to the workshop-leaders.
Since today night I can not build the images (with the requested changes
from the WS-leaders) anymore. Is there a antifuckup for lenny using
2.6.24-1-686-kernel? Or is there a way to force 2.6.22-3-686 to be used?

Marco