we can't create a whiteout for the source in rename

On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Daniel Baumann <daniel at debian.org> wrote:
> Chris Fanning wrote:
>  > ok. thanks. any howto's out there on installing aufs on debian etch?
>
>  aufs is kernel dependent, means, you need matching version of linux and
>  aufs. if you don't want to build a lenny or sid backport of the kernel
>  and aufs yourself, you have (partially) luck on backports.org.
>
>  though, i really recommend to use lenny directly (and profit from other
>  bugfixes in live-initramfs compared to casper).

Ok, so a good way to go might be to install etch via a debootstrap and
then compilie a 2.6.24 kernel by hand, then use backports to install
live-initramfs?
Then I would need to compile aufs against the 2.6.24 source right?
I've had a look about for documentation on how to do it but can't find
much :(  Any links please?
(when I did this sometime ago with unionfs it was a simple patch)

Thanks.
Chris.

Chris.