Re-using live-helper cache [was: Presetting keyboard layout]

> You may be interested in apt-cacher; install and configure it, then use
> lh_config --mirror-chroot http://127.0.0.1:3142/ftp.debian.org/debian/ \
>   --mirror-chroot-security "http://127.0.0.1:3142/security.debian.org/"; \
>   --foo --bar --baz
> The packages will download from the internet once, and henceforth use
> the cached versions.  When new versions come out, they'll properly be
> fetched once and cached.

Does this method works for source packages, too?
When I'm using
   lh_config --source enabled --source-images tar
the source packages (more than 2GBytes!! in case of my live system) will
be downloaded from the external repository each time, without using an
internal cache automatically.

Sebastian H.