Netboot image with NIS package hangs on squashfs extraction

Thanks, that helps a bit. I can now get it to the stage where all the
files are correctly setup and I can get a working NIS setup after the
system has booted by running "apt-get install nis" and then keeping my
existing settings. However, I still have the problem where if I add it
to the package list when creating the image, it then hangs on the
squashfs stage. Is there any way to get a more verbose output when
booting an image? I suspect it's not the actual squashfs extraction that
is causing the problem, but something else hidden away.