liveCD for audio work

OK, there are a couple of things that are unclear, my comments are
interspersed below.

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 4:56 PM, chymian <chymian at gmx.net> wrote:
>  # 4. get patch & aufs sources
>  module-assistant update squashfs lzma aufs
>  module-assistant unpack squashfs lzma aufs

module-assistant complains that I should run m-a -f get lzma; I do
this, and it still complains.

>  # 5. use the cvs-patch to patch the m-a aufs-sources
>  cd /usr/src/modules/aufs
>  cat ../aufs.wcvs/aufs/patch/rt-compat.patch |patch

this works well, but what do we have to do now to make aufs show up in
the kernel config?

don't we also have to patch squashfs with lzma?

and now shouldn't the kernel source be patched with squashfs?

>  make-kpkg --rootcmd fakeroot  --added_modules aufs,lzma,squashfs \
>         binary-arch modules
>  cd ..

I also use the --initrd option, which I thought was required?

Again, this work is amazing, and as soon as we get it sorted out,
we'll have to let everyone on the Linux Audio Users list know, they'll
be thrilled.  Thanks again, Gunter.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com