liveCD for audio work

Hello all,

I have been trying for some time to find a way to build a liveCD
customized to my liking that is suitable for audio work.  I have tried
many times (and failed) to build a kernel that contains these
attributes:

* squashfs + lzma + aufs + realtime-preempt

I've spent the past few days looking at the debian-live system, and it
looks *great*, and I would love to get started on it, but I can't get
past my kernel problem.  So my question is this:  Has anyone on the
list succeeded in building a kernel that works for reatime audio and
will work within a debian-live system, and if so, would you be willing
to share this with me?  I hate to be a leech, but I feel like I'm
spinning my wheels and getting nowhere.  If sharing is
out-of-the-question, any tips on how you did it would be very much
appreciated.

In case you're interested, my goal is to build a really light liveCD
that can be used for live synth work, DJing, etc.  Should be a lot of
fun, if I can just get past this one part.  :)

Thank you,

Josh

(PS - yes, I know that there are liveCDs that address this need
already, but they contain a lot of what I don't need, and less of what
I do, thus the reason for wanting to do one myself.)

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com