vmware on debian-live

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 12:25:31AM +0100, Marco Lechner wrote:
> To integrate VMware-Server in a debian-env I have to run the
> perl-based installscript from vmware - including a lot of
> interaction and compiling against the kernel-headers, ...

You *don't* have to do that -- use vmware-package (from lenny/contrib
or sid/contrib) to make a .deb, then just place it in the appropriate
directory so lh installs it during build.

BTW, do you need vmware-server, or just vmware-server-console?  The
latter can be constructed as its own package, which is ideal if you
just need to have the netboot installs connect to a remote instance of
vmware-server.