vmware on debian-live

Greetings,

I think you can drop in to a shell with this FAQ will help Q: How do I
launch an interactive shell during the chroot stage?
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianLive/FAQ#head-a70ec1b8095ccd1717a32076667714a748008c59

Then do your work in the chroot shell to make vmware operations work.
On this note I believe there is a boot param hook= that is either
already in or coming in that might allow you to inject your setup but
for the vmware-server it would be easier to just chroot and build in
image.

reference build process here -
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-live-devel/2007-March/000998.html

 * The hard way, using meta helpers: