live image building broken

I'm creating a live-debian with customized kernel; I modify only the
LH_LINUX_PACKAGES and the LH_LINUX_FLAVOUR parameters; the rest is set
up with lh_config (xfce, usb-hh, unionfs);

lh_bootstrap and lh_chroot are OK;

then I chroot inside to install manually the xerver-xorg-video-amd
package and I exit cleanly (removing all).

I give the lh_binary command and the first part runs perfectly; squashfs
is created, the at the very last stage of creating the image I get the
output of the writing speed, and as a last line like this reporting for
error to be ignored
!!!I dont remember exactly the text here !!!

AND NOTHING BELOW IT

looking into the binary/ I see all the needed stuff; but no binary.img.

Maybe I'll test later this evening a snapshot of a newer version (form
experimental I guess).

I also have to say that last week doing the same worked without
problems; the only new things I introduced is a new kernel.

cheers

Giorgio