Full screen mode in vmware?

On Nov 13, 2007 11:02 AM, Daniel Baumann <daniel at debian.org> wrote:
> Michael Creel wrote:
> > Now to a new minor problem - when the image is booted up under VMware,
> > the screen resolution is too large to fit, and I'm unable to switch to
> > fullscreen mode. Most live CDs (parallelknoppix, grml, etc)
> > automatically adjust the screen size. Any pointers on that?
>
> you need to configure the display in vmware accordingly.
>
> go to 'Edit virtual machine settings', klick on 'Display' and set it
> either to 'Use host settings for monitor' or select manuall the maximum
> resolution you want.
>
> > Also, is
> > this devel mail list an appropriate place to ask these questions?
>
> sure.
>
> --
> Address:        Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
> Email:          daniel.baumann at panthera-systems.net
> Internet:       http://people.panthera-systems.net/~daniel-baumann/

Hmm, I'm using VMware server, v1.0.4. There are no options for making
these settings.  As I mentioned, other live CDs don't have this
problem. However, I have discovered

"Q: The X configuration does not seems to work, the resolution is too
low. What can I do?"

in the FAQ. The solution is given there too,  and I'm going to give it a try.