Full screen mode in vmware?

With regard to my previous question about autologin to KDE, thanks.
The following elements in a package list

# KDE
konqueror konsole kate kpdf katapult
kcontrol ksnapshot ksysguard ksysguardd kde-core
kdm

combined with

lh_config --mirror-bootstrap "http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/"; \
-a amd64 --hostname parallelknoppix --username pkuser

give a 280MB image that does what I need.

Now to a new minor problem - when the image is booted up under VMware,
the screen resolution is too large to fit, and I'm unable to switch to
fullscreen mode. Most live CDs (parallelknoppix, grml, etc)
automatically adjust the screen size. Any pointers on that? Also, is
this devel mail list an appropriate place to ask these questions?

Thanks, Michael