Searching for a nice Debian

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 02:23:15PM +0100, Andre Nitschke wrote:
> Hello,
> i want to install Debian on a computer without DVD and Internet.
If that's your primary goal then the best way may be to use
debootstrap; this is documented in an appendix of the install manual.
http://www.debian.org/releases/etch/i386/apds03.html.en

> Now i found your homepage. Can you answer me 2 questions:
> 1. Which Software is on the Live CD? I search something like Ubuntu (Gnome,
> Openoffice,Gimp, Evolution , Firefox) so that i have a working system on one
> cd.
I guess the images in which you might be interested include:
kde-full (koffice) and knoppix (openoffice?)
/usr/share/live-helper/lists/
http://live.debian.net/cdimage/monthly-builds/20070716/i386/

> 2. Can i install the Live CD on the harddisk like i install the normal Ubuntu? I
> have some Partitions (ReiserFS) and want to format one of them. The other
> should be mountet. Is the installation possible?
Not in the same style as ubuntu.  You can either debootstrap from the
CD, or build an image with --debian-installer enabled (and I'm told
that for the moment you need --debian-installer-daily enabled) but
I don't think I've never actually done an install like this.

Justin